S4 - Barracks & Lodging
These procedures are specific to soldiers who will be assigned or attached as a patient to BAMC's Warrior Transition Battalion.
- After Duty Hours Arrival - Soldiers arriving on weekends, holidays or after normal duty hours should report directly to the Staff Duty Noncommissioned Officer in Building 3631C to sign in. Soldiers who sign in with the Staff Duty are to report to the Warrior Transition Battalion Orderly Room at 0730 on the next duty day to begin in-processing. The orderly room is located at behind the Okubo Barracks, Building 3642.
- Duty Hours Arrival - Soldiers arriving during duty normal hours should report directly to the Warrior Transition Battalion S1 located behind the Okubo Barracks, Building 3642.
- Reporting In – Soldiers should have a copy of all orders (Mobilization Orders, Deployment Orders and any orders bringing them to Ft Sam Houston/BAMC). If you have a DA 31 (Leave Request), 201 File or Personnel Qualifications Record (PQR) please bring those items with you. Once signed in you will receive a Welcome Packet, Newcomer's Orientation and be sent to Patient Affairs Branch (PAD) to be assigned a Case Manager.
- Barracks - All single (active duty) and activated reserve soldiers E-6 and below must check in with the BAMC Barracks Manager during normal duty hours or Staff Duty NCO on weekends, holidays or after normal duty hours (Building 3631C) prior to obtaining any housing. Soldiers who fail to do this may not be reimbursed for any out-of-pocket housing costs.
- Guest House – If reporting in on weekends, holidays or after normal duty hours you will need to show a copy of your orders to temporarily obtain a room. For active duty soldiers assigned to BAMC this is considered a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) so you will need to begin looking for alternate housing the following duty day. All others will need to present the Guest House a statement of non-availability in order to not be charged for the room. Every 30 days you will need to complete a travel voucher through Patient Personnel Branch in order to not incur any debts.
- Questions – Contact the Warrior Transition Battalion S1 at ( 210) 916-6495 or DSN 916-6495.