Location : BAMC-SAMMC, Room 371-17, Medical Mall
Hours of Operation : Mon - Fri, 0700-1630
Access afterhours and on weekends with badge access.
Phone: (210) 916-1119, (210) 916-2182
Fax: (210) 916-5709
The Medical Libraries at Brooke Army Medical Center and Wilford Hall Medical Center merged, March 2008, to provide joint services to personnel in the Army and Air Force. This gives the Brooke Army Medical Center library access to a collection of 11,000 books, 23,000 bound journals, over 800 current subscriptions, 1500 audiovisuals, and over 8,000 online full-text titles are available.
Books, bound journals, and audiovisuals circulate, to registered users, for 2 weeks and can be renewed for longer periods. Library materials located at the Wilford Hall Medical Center library will be brought to Brooke Army Medical Center, on request.
Requesting articles or books
Call the BAMC library at 210-916-1119, or stop by the library, or use e-Forms BF102 to route requests to the librarian, or email the library firstname.lastname@example.org, or request articles through the email feature in the databases. Use the ELECTRONIC RESOURCES list on the Medical Library webpage, to locate print books and journals with links to online resources. Remote access to all library resources through Athens.
Research Databases & Catalogs
- CINAHL Plus Full-Text: the definitive research tool for nursing and health literature. Includes full-text for more than 600 journals; health care books, dissertations and conference proceedings.
- MDConsult: can be used from any computer, anytime, anywhere. Create your own username and password (in Create an Account) for access when you are outside of BAMC. Includes 50 medical journals, 64 Clinics, 40+ reference textbooks, clinical practice guidelines, patient education handouts, and drug information.
- MEDCOM Library Program AMEDD Virtual Library: Includes links to databases like PubMed, OVID Web, STAT!Ref, UpToDate; AKO (Army Knowledge Online) with remote access to specific databases; digital Army Library service; and more.
- Medical Library Card Catalog: Online access to the BAMC Library card catalog (physical collection) and links to online resources.
- Nursing Reference Center: provides a user-friendly point-of-care resource intended for staff nurses, nurse administrators, nursing students, nurse faculty, and hospital librarians. It delivers the best available and most recent clinical evidence and knowledge on conditions and diseases via a nursing-specific graphical interface.
- Nursing Consult: Easy to search; provides online service to leading resources, helps efficiently find answers to pressing clinical questions; offers a single destination for busy nurses. Includes: Latest Drug Information, patient education, professional Journals, Books, Current News, Clinical Practice, Evidence-based Content, and Care Planning Tools. Create your own username and password for remote access.
- OVIDSP: Ovid has access to MEDLINE (1946-present), Health Star, PsycINFO, Evidence Based Medicine with the Cochrane Database, Clinical Trials, Systemic Reviews and ACP Journal Club; over 600 full text titles available. Set up a User account to manage your own workspace: saved searches, eTOC, email alerts.
- STAT!Ref: Collection of 60 full-text medical specialty textbooks. Remote access, best to through AMEDD Virtual Library through your AKO logon.
- UpToDate: Full-text clinical resource providing topic reviews, evidence-based answers to frequently asked questions in clinical practice. Remote access, best to through AMEDD Virtual Library through your AKO logon.