Location : 3rd Floor Medical Mall, Room 371-17
Hours of Operation : Mon - Fri, 0700-1630
Access afterhours and on weekends with BAMC badge.
Phone: (210) 916-1119
Fax: (210) 916-5709
To provide current, authoritative information resources and timely, responsive services in support of patient care, education, research, and professional development.
- Military, civilian, and contract employees assigned to BAMC may register to borrow audiovisuals, books, and bound journals. Library materials may be borrowed for 2 weeks and renewed for an additional 2 weeks. Search the online catalog to find titles and check availability.
- All personnel assigned to BAMC may register for an Athens account for remote access to online resources. Once registered, remote access is available through MyAthens.
- Many library resources are also available as apps. The library staff is happy to help you set up mobile access, or you can find the instructions on the library’s intranet site.
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) services are available to obtain articles and books. ILL request forms are linked in EBSCO, Ovid, PubMed, and Scopus, or send your requests to the library email address.
- Reference services are also available. Please call or send your literature search requests to the library email address.
BAMC Medical Library offers numerous online databases that can be accessed on the intranet or through MyAthens, including:
- Federal Research in Progress
- Joanna Briggs Institute
- Medline through EBSCO, Ovid, and PubMed
- Nursing Consult
- Nursing Reference Center