Human Subjects Research
The mission of Human Subjects Research is to support Graduate Medical Education (GME), Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), and other facilities covered under our research assurance through development and approval of high quality research projects while providing regulatory oversight and assuring the protection of all human subjects. This is accomplished through the Research Operations Service which oversees the Office of the Institutional Review Board (OIRB), which supports the BAMC IRB review and approval of human subjects' research, and the Office of Clinical Research Education (OCRE), which provides clinical research training opportunities and educational assessments of ongoing research studies.
- Protection Of Human Subjects - 32 C.F.R. 219
- Vulnerable Populations, Subpart B, C & D - 45 C.F.R. 46 45 C.F.R. 46
- OHRP - Policy & Guidance - Policy & Guidance
- Department of Defense Instruction - DODI 3216.02
- HIPAA - short overview of HIPAA in research
- IRBNet (DOD) - Secured Site
- CITI - human subject research ethics training
Research Operations Service includes the Office of the IRB and the Office of Clinical Research Education which are located in Building 3667, behind C Lot.
Points of Contact
Dir, OIRB (210) 916-2598
Dir, OCRE (210) 916-2000
HPA (210) 916-9425
Human Subjects Protection Scientist (210) 916-1005
Protocol Coordinator (210) 916-8936/0606/7394/4039