Emergency Medicine Residency Schedule & Rotations
Emergency Medicine Rotations
- SAMMC(BAMC) is the primary clinical sites
- Residents manage all emergency patients presenting to military medical centers
- Supervision in ED 24/7 by ABEM boarded or eligible faculty
- Graded progression of responsibility through residency
- EM-1s focus on fundamentals of emergency practice.
- EM-2s concentrate on resuscitations and multitasking.
- EM-3s manage and supervise the entire department.
- Active ultrasound training and use in EDs
- Medicine, surgery, anesthesia, ObGyn, and orthopedics establish competency in fundamentals
- Critical care rotations in medical, surgical, and Burn
- World-class away rotations in toxicology at New York Poison Control Center and pediatric EM in Houston, TX
- Unique operational military rotations
|Orientation||EM - UT||EM||EM||EM|
|Orthopedics||Medicine SAMMC||MICU SAMMC||ObGyn DACH||PEDS Christus|
|Anesthesiology Christus||EM/Ultrasound||Research (1/2 block)||EM (1/2 block)|
|EM||EM - UT||Community EM Brackenridge||SICU SAMMC||Trauma SAMMC|
|Research||Peds EM Houston||BICU SAMMC|
|EM||EM||EM - UT/Selective||Operational EM||Toxicology NYC|
|EMS San Antonio||EM New Braunfels||Peds EM Methodist|