Beginning 1 January 2014, SAMMC will accept rotation requests when students are within nine (9) months of their intended rotation month.
|Rotation Starts In:||SAMMC Accepts Request On:|
- All rotations must be requested through the Student Coordinator using the SAMMC Rotation Request and sending by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not contact the departments directly, as this may result in over-scheduling causing unexpected cancellations.
- Requests are processed in the order received. If your request is received prior to the first day of acceptance, based on the above chart, it will not be processed.
- ADT rotations take priority over non-ADT rotations. Non-ADT rotations are not approved during the months of July-October.
- During the months of July-October, Medical Students intending to interview will take priority over all other rotations.
- Medical Students will receive a confirmation letter via email once rotation is scheduled. Read confirmation letter carefully and immediately begin submitting requested information. If requested information is not received within two months of start date your rotation will be automatically cancelled.
- HPSP Medical Students requesting a non-ADT rotation must have a Memorandum of Affiliation (MOA) in place between SAMMC and the studentís medical school (takes from two to six months). Student Coordinator will provide contact information when request is received.
- Civilians, with no military affiliation, must initiate a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) through the SAMMC Security Office as soon as possible, but no later than one month prior to rotation start date. Contact Student Coordinator for detailed instructions.
- Rotations at SAMMC are very competitive! Rotation requests should be submitted on the earliest allowable date. When Medical Student limit is reached per specialty, Student Coordinator will work with Medical Students to secure an alternate date, sub-specialty rotation, or rotation in alternate specialty to ensure Medical Student is on-site for face-to-face interview.