Pain Medicine Fellowship
The SAUSHEC Multidisciplinary Pain Medicine Fellowship is ACGME accredited to train ABMS residency-trained physicians from the background specialties of anesthesiology, physical medicine & rehabilitation, neurology and psychiatry. We seek the most qualified candidates with a demonstrated interest in a career in military pain medicine. Completion of the fellowship and successful subsequent completion of the ABMS Pain Medicine written boards confers ABMS Pain Medicine certification.
At this time, the ABMS has discontinued the pathway for training/certification of non-traditional applicants. Contact us for more information.
- 1 year fellowship
- 2-3 fellows in each class
- San Antonio Military Medical Center is the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the DoD as well as the DoDís largest medical center, ensuring a large and diverse patient population
- Rigorous interventional procedure training track Ė exceeds ACGME requirements
- Diversity in attending staff training: mix of military and civilian backgrounds
- Pain Medicine, Anesthesiology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Neurology, Psychiatry, Psychology, Radiology, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedic Spine Surgery
- Multidisciplinary care provided by in-clinic pain psychologists, physical and occupational therapy, medical massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, case management, physician extenders, and pain nurses.
- Multidisciplinary case conferences involving numerous specialists discussing complex patients
- Significant research opportunities; co-located with US Army Institute of Surgical Research and the US Army Burn Center
- Funded conference to present research has been covered in the past
Next Points of Contact
Program Director phone: (210) 916-2567
Fax: (210) 916-3050
SAUSHEC Multidisciplinary Pain Medicine Fellowship
Medical Education Department
Brooke Army Medical Center
3551 Roger Brooke Dr.
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-6200