Emergency Medicine Service Fellowship Application
- Selectees will come from board eligible or certified Emergency Medical Corps officers (0-3 to 0-5) who have completed residency and/or fellowship training. Preference will be given to those Medical Corps officers with a minimum of 2 years as a previous staff physician.
- Accepted fellows will incur an obligation for completion of fellowship IAW AR 351-3, Chapter 10 and DoD Instruction 6000-13. Selectees must maintain standards for the Army physical fitness test and height/weight standards throughout fellowship training IAW current Army regulations.
- Applicants will be required to submit a pre proposal detailing an area of EMS research to be completed during the one-year fellowship. The pre proposal will be a component of the fellowship submission packet and will be reviewed and scored at the Joint Service GME Selection Board. The proposal will serve as the basis of a research protocol to be completed during the fellowship as the required "Mentored Research Project."
- Applicants will be required to maintain active clinical practice at Brooke Army Medical Center including shifts in the Department of Emergency Medicine. The fellow will also be expected to serve as the assistant medical director of Fort Sam Houston and Camp Bullis Fire Department(s).
- Final selection of applicants will be made by the Joint Service GME Selection Board with participation by the EM Consultants and the EMS Fellowship Program Director yearly. The order of merit list selection will be based on EMS experience, research activities, scholarly activities, letters of recommendation, and scoring of the submitted EMS research pre proposal.
To File an Official Application
Phone: (877) 633-2769 (MED-ARMY) (toll free)
Fax: (703) 681-8044
Army Directorate of Medical Education
5109 Leesburg Pike, Skyline 6, Room 691A
Falls Church, VA 22041-3258