The San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium (SAUSHEC)
Phone: (210) 916-5958
- Vision: World-class graduate health education in a world-class health system
- Mission: Graduate physicians and allied health specialists who are qualified,
competent and morally and ethically suited for medical careers in the uniformed services of the United
- SAUSHEC will, by utilizing the resources of BAMC and the 59 MDW, provide a fully integrated, scholarly environment dedicated to excellence in education and health care with the most efficient and cost-effective use of Department of Defense (DoD) physical, financial and human resources.
- SAUSHEC will oversee and ensure that all training programs comply with requirements of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and other accrediting agencies, are of the highest quality, and meet the needs of the DoD.
- SAUSHEC will serve as the ACGME-recognized Sponsoring Institution for military Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in San Antonio. The SAUSHEC Dean will serve as the ACGME Designated Institutional Official (DIO) for military GME programs in San Antonio and Chief Executive Officer as appropriate for the recognized accreditation agencies of Graduate Allied Health Education (GAHE) programs.
- The SAUSHEC Dean will exercise authority granted by Commanders of BAMC and the 59 MDW to conduct military GME and GAHE training. SAUSHEC's programs will comply with all Air Force, Army, and DoD Directives and Instructions related to the conduct of GME and GAHE.
- SAUSHEC will collaborate with the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA) and the Audie Murphy Veterans Administration (VA) Hospital to improve GME and GAHE quality and efficiency in San Antonio.
- SAUSHEC will maintain a supportive learning environment of fairness and equity by ensuring that all trainees have the same education and medical professional requirements and opportunities and will be subject to the same standards, evaluation systems, and due process policy irrespective of their branch of uniformed service.