Military Processing Operations (MILPO)
Welcome to the web page of the BAMC Military Processing Operations (MILPO) section. The MILPO responsibilities include Awards processing, Evaluations, Promotions and Officer Actions. The MILPO processes and monitors the timeliness and accuracy of all documents processed.
Recognizing soldiers for a job well done is very important to fostering a healthy culture and improving employee morale. Everyone likes to be told they have done a good job. It is a supervisor's job to make sure this is done in a timely manner. Soldiers who are leaving BAMC should receive their award BEFORE they leave. If a soldier receives his or her award in the mail after they have left it sends a clear message their service was not that important to BAMC leadership.
- ARCOM's and below - These awards are approved directly by the Troop Commander and must be submitted to the Awards Clerk at least 30 days prior to the requested presentation date.
- MSM's and above - These awards must go through the BAMC and GPRMC awards boards. In order to ensure the award is returned from GPRMC in a timely manner it must be submitted in a timely manner. MSM's must be submitted to the BAMC Awards Clerk at least 90 days prior to the requested presentation date; 120 days is required for LOM's. GPRMC will not accept late awards without letter of lateness. It is the responsibility of the individual initiating the award to prepare the letter.
APEQS TIP: A quick way to find out the status of an award you have submitted is to check your "My Notes Tab" on your APEQS Dashboard. This information will only be displayed on the individual's dashboard whose name was listed as the submitter of the award.
POC: Awards Clerk (808-4189)
The mission of the officer evaluation reporting system (OER) is to provide information to DA selection boards and assignment managers for use in making personnel management decisions. The OER is an assessment tool for rating officials to give shape and direction to the rated officer's performance and potential.
Please refer to AR 623-3 and DA PAM 623-3.
POC: Officer Evaluation Reporting Clerk (808-4178)
Noncommissioned Officer Evaluations/Enlisted Promotions
Please refer to Troop Commander Policy Letter Number 14 for NCOERs.
POC: Noncommissioned Officer Evaluation Reporting/NCO Promotions Clerk (808-4168)
Good to know "Enlisted Promotion Timelines":
PV2 (E-2) – Automatic Promotion at 6 months Time-In-Service
- Minimum 4 months Time-In-Service with waiver.
PFC(E-3) – Automatic Promotion at 12 months Time-In-Service and 4 months TIMIG
- Minimum 6 months Time-In-Service, 2 months Time-In-Grade with waiver.
SPC (E-4)– Automatic Promotion at 24 months Time-In-Service, 6 months Time-In-Grade.
- Minimum 18 months Time-In-Service, 3 months Time-In-Grade with waiver.
SGT (E-5) – Recommendation/Promotion Requirements
- PZ = 34 months Time-In-Service, 6 months TIG Promotion is at 36 months Time-In-Service / 8 months Time-In-Grade.
- SZ = 16 months Time-In-Service, 4 months Time-In-Grade Promotion is at 18 months Time-In-Service / 6 months Time-In-Grade.
SSG (E-6) – Recommendation/Promotion Requirements
- PZ = 70 months Time-In-Service, 8 months Time-In-Grade Promotion is at 72 months Time-In-Service / 10 months Time-In-Grade
- SZ = 46 months Time-In-Service, 5 months Time-In-Grade Promotion is at 48 months Time-In-Service / 7 months Time-In-Grade
Officer actions includes but is not limited to Requests for Resignations (REFRAD), Retirement Request, AMEDD Special Pays and Officer Promotions.
POC: Officer Actions Clerk (808-4125)