Location: 2950 Koehler Avenue (Building 1350)
Normal Duty Hours: 0730 to 1630, Monday - Friday
Phone: (210) 808-4238/4239
- After Duty Hours Arrival - Soldiers arriving on weekends, holidays or after normal duty hours should report directly to the Staff Duty Noncommissioned Officer in Building 3631C (OKUBO BLDG) to sign in and have their DA FORM 31 authenticated. Soldiers who sign in with the Staff Duty are to report to Military Personnel Branch (MPB) at 0730 on the next duty day to begin in-processing. MPB is located with Troop Command at 2950 Koehler Ave. Building 1350.
- Duty Hours Arrival - Soldiers arriving during duty normal duty hours (0730-1630) should report directly to Military Personnel Branch (Bldg. 1350 Koehler Ave.) to sign in and have their DA FORM 31 authenticated.
- Permissive Temporary Duty (PTDY) for House Hunting - Soldiers arriving with Permissive Temporary Duty (PTDY) for house hunting from their previous command must have their DA FORM 31 stamped by the Installation Housing Office (Building 367, Stanley Rd.) immediately upon arrival at Fort Sam Houston. Failure to have PTDY signed by the Installation Housing Office immediately upon arrival may result in the Soldier being charged leave for the PTDY period. Soldiers arriving without PTDY for house hunting may be given the opportunity once they have signed in and have been assigned a company, and have in-processed through Finance.
- Barracks - All single and geographically separated Soldiers E-6 and below must check in with their 1SG during normal duty hours or Staff Duty NCO on weekends, holidays or after normal duty hours (Building 3631C, OKUBO) prior to obtaining any housing. Soldiers who fail to do this will not be reimbursed for any out-of-pocket housing costs.
- In-processing Procedures - All Soldiers must report to Military Personnel Branch (Building 1350 Koehler Avenue) prior to going to their department. This step is very important to ensure your in-processing is smooth. Please bring one copy of your orders and your DA FORM 31. Soldiers are given up to 10 duty days to complete all the tasks, in the appropriate ACU's. Once Military Personnel Branch has verified your assignment information you will be cleared to begin in-processing. You will receive a checklist with all the locations within BAMC that you are required to check in with. Once completed, the respective checklist must be returned to Military Personnel Branch so you can be released from in-processing status. Under no circumstances are personnel assigned to BAMC to in-process Ft Sam Houston without first in-processing Military Personnel Branch.
- Questions - Contact Military Personnel Branch, In-processing section at (210) 808-4238/4239 or DSN 420-4238/4239.