Army Public Health Nursing
» Health Activities Calendar - a guide to help you in your quest of incorporating the Performance Triad into you daily routine.
Army Public Health Nursing
- Location: 2407 N. New Braunfels Ave., Bldg. 147, JBSA-Ft. Sam Houston, TX 78234
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 0730-1630
- Phone: (210) 916-4626
- Location: 2411 N. New Braunfels Ave., Bldg. 156, JBSA-Ft. Sam Houston, TX 78234
- Phone: (210) 916-7646
Army Public Health Nursing preserves the strength of our Nation by ensuring the delivery of Essential Public Health Services to Service Members, Family members, Beneficiaries, and DoD civilian employees; support the creation of healthy environments for military communities.
To support Service Members readiness in garrison and deployed environments and to provide responsive and evidence-based public health nursing services to promote health and wellness for all those entrusted to our care.
Our Major Program areas
Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance:
- Analysis of Data
- Disease Assessment
- Outbreak Investigation
- Communicable Disease reporting and Surveillance
- Epidemiological investigations and guidance on treatment/ management of affected population
HIV Program Coordinator & Sexually Transmitted Disease Counseling/Education
- All clients diagnosed with HIV and/or a STI infection are to be referred to Public Health Nursing by the Diagnosing/treating Provider.
- APHN completes risk assessments, provides risk reduction counseling, conducts contact interviews, and follow-up if indicated. APHN ensures that required reporting is completed per federal, state and local guidelines and facilitates partner notification.
Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI) Surveillance and Treatment Clinic
APHN completes initial evaluation and counseling, initiates referral to BAMC Infectious Disease Clinic if indicated and follows patient until treatment is completed through the continuum of care with all service members and beneficiaries referred for a reactive tuberculin skin test or positive QuantiFERON gold test.
Health Promotion & Wellness:
- Soldier Medical Readiness Support
- Healthy Life Balance Program
- Health Risk Assessment/Healthy Lifestyle Change (Call: 210.916.7646 to schedule)
- Annual Influenza Vaccine Campaign AD & Civilian Employees
- Trainer and advisor for health promotion in support of: Service Members, Family Members, Retirees & Civilian Employees
- Tobacco Cessation/Prevention. See Also "UCanQuit2"
- HIV Program Coordinator - PH: 210.916.7644
- CYS Health Consultant
- Health Consultant for Childhood Youth Serives (CYS) & Multidisciplinary Inclusion Action Team (MIAT)
- Serves as a CYS Subject Matter Expert for disease and Public Health concerns
- Provides education & training for CYS staff
- Technical assistance to CYS staff regarding infant/child care requirements
- Annual Community Health Status Assessment (CHSA)
- Health promotion program development, implementation and evaluation based on CHSA
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Performance Triad Campaign - Sleep, Activity & Nutrition classes available
- Facilitate education/training on preventive health & wellness related topics as requested.