Department of Pediatrics
- Chief, Pediatrics: 210-916-0707
- DSN: 429-0707
- FAX: 210-916-3700 (Dept Chief)
- Residency Program Coordinator: 210-916-9928 (For All Academic Concerns)
- Routine appointments with Department of Pediatrics are booked through CAMO at 210-916-9900 (available Monday-Friday, 0630-1645).
- Telephone advice nurses are contacted at 210-916-3160
- Choose OPTION 1 if you are not enrolled to the BAMC General Pediatrics or Adolescent Medicine Clinic
- Choose OPTION 2 to make or cancel an appointment
- Choose OPTION 3 for the Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine Clinic
- Choose Option 4 for General Pediatrics
- After normal business hours, please call 210-916-4141 and ask for the Pediatric After Hours Clinic (available Monday-Friday, 1630-2200 and Saturday, 0800-1530).
- For TRICARE beneficiaries, the Nurse Advice Line (NAL) can be reached 7 days a week, 24 hours a day at 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273). Experienced nurses will provide medical advice and nurse triage.
- If you cannot make an appointment because you are not enrolled in TRICARE Prime, please follow this link: Tricare.
Our mission is to maintain a fit force and high level of unit readiness while simultaneously integrating the highest quality preventive, clinical, surgical, and inpatient services; research; and graduate medical education so that we are the choice for pediatric care for all of our health care beneficiaries.
The Department of Pediatrics at BAMC is dedicated to providing state of the art care to all eligible beneficiaries. We proudly serve the San Antonio and South Texas communities by providing superior local care. Working in the newest Army hospital and the newly renovated Wilford Hall, we provide care to over 50,000 patients annually. The staff includes all major pediatric subspecialties to include newborn nursery care, genetics, cardiology, developmental pediatrics, endocrinology, nephrology, pediatric surgery, pulmonary, infectious disease, neurology, gastroenterology, and hematology/oncology. The department also includes adolescent and neonatal medicine services and houses a cystic fibrosis center. An active academic program supports an outstanding residency that has produced many leaders in DoD pediatrics and in the civilian community. We also support neonatology and adolescent fellowship programs.