Physical Medicine Team
“Taking Care of the Nations Soldiers and Wounded-in-Action”
Your physical medicine team consists of physiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, nurses, nutritionists, a behavioral health team, and a biomedical engineer. Regular discussion with the patient, family, and physical medicine team allow open communication and understanding of plans and goals.
The role of this team is to establish realistic goals and facilitate reaching those goals by not only traditional approaches, but also advanced and innovative ones.
The physical medicine team will help you:
- Improve your strength, endurance, and balance
- Improve your ability to walk
- Reduce your pain with various desensitization techniques and medications
- Learn to use your prosthesis
- Perform skills of daily living (such as dressing, bathing, feeding)
- Overcome emotional obstacles that may present themselves