- Location: 4178 Petroleum Dr. BLDG 3528R/FSH
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday from 0730 - 1630
- Phone: (210) 539-9580
The Department of Social Work provides outpatient and family advocacy services for all DOD beneficiaries and provides outpatient social work evaluation and treatment for referred families, including individual, group, marital and family counseling, and sexual assault. Provides counseling for adolescent and adult pregnancies, and adoption planning. Serves as the point of contact for any individuals or families needing lodging at the Remain Overnight Service. Responsible for documentation of treatment in patients' outpatient medical records.
- Provide comprehensive social services to patients and their families
- Evaluate psychosocial and financial factors which affect health status
- Integrate psychosocial considerations with medical needs
- Network with local military medical treatment facilities and the civilian community to assist with services
- Provide consultations, individual and group counseling, follow-up and referral services to eligible beneficiaries
Patients may walk-in or make appointments with or without a provider referral.