- Bradley Cooper visits during movie preview
- Fort Hood shooting victim seeks to inspire others
- McWethy Troop Medical Clinic reopens
- Senior leaders meet with wounded troops at CFI
- Take 3 Actions to Fight the Flu
- Flu Vaccine Locations / Dates / Times
- Dr. Matthew Schmitz named one of San Antonio Business Journal's "40 Under 40"
- 2014 SP Corps New Horizon Research Award
- CFI scientist is finalist for Medical Excellence Award
- BAMC Emergency Medicine physician helps prevent suicide
- Congratulations to Air Force Col. (Dr.) Joseph Brennan
- Congratulations Rik Guinther
- Schertz Medical Home recognized by NCQA
Brooke Army Medical Center
Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) is the Flagship of Army Medicine! BAMC is the command, comprised of ten separate organizations, that provides inpatient care, outpatient care, advanced rehabilitative services and troop leadership.
The BAMC team lives up to, and role models, who we are. We are Positive, Competent, Compassionate people with great Initiative who live our Service Values in concert with well informed and self-sufficient families. We demonstrate these attributes individually and as part of cohesive teams by doing the Right thing, the Right way for the Right reason and doing so Safely.
At the center of the command is our hospital component, the San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC). Surrounding SAMMC are five geographically separate Clinics: Fort Sam Houston Family Medicine Service Clinic, McWethy Troop Medical Clinic, Taylor Burk Clinic, Schertz Medical Home and the Corpus Christi Army Depot Occupational Health Clinic. Advanced rehabilitative services are provided at the Center for the Intrepid, a unique facility that is at the cutting edge of Warrior care. Troop leadership is provided by three organizations, the 959th Medical Group, the Warrior Transition Battalion and Troop Command.
SAMMC is one of the Nationís premier medical facilities, offering highly sophisticated medical care for service members, family members, civilians, and veterans. SAMMC is a 425-bed, state-of-the-art medical facility, playing a critical role in patient care, as well as taking care of Wounded Warriors in Transition from the Global War on Terrorism. The medical center is also the only stateside DOD Level I Trauma Center and receives more than 5,700 emergency room visits each month. Co-located on the BAMC campus is the world renowned Army Institute of Surgical Research, which operates the only DOD Burn Center ó the Army Burn Center.
Our integrated team of Army, Air Force, Civilians, Contractors and Volunteers provide safe, quality care each and every day.
- San Antonio Military Health System is a partnership among the military medical facilities in the greater San Antonio area. SAMHS fosters high quality and safe healthcare by optimizing services, promoting healthy lifestyles, and making effective use of the resources that have been entrusted to them for patient care.
Promote health and provide safe, quality, timely, compassionate, patient-centered care while developing healthcare professionals and optimizing readiness
To be our patientsí first choice in healthcare